Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Monday... My day started out at 12:50 a.m. I woke up with bad heartburn and took some tums. I realized that contractions had started! They were 6 minutes apart so i just layed their and timed them for an hour before waking up chad. When I realized ok we should prob. get ready to go, we called Rick and told him to take his time but it was getting close to go to the hospital. Chad and I got ready to go and got last minute things done and even things that weren't a big deal. : ) Rick showed up and was so happy. It was fun just seeing him all excited. We left for the hospital and the contractions were 5 minutes apart. The ride was pretty good. Contractions weren't too bad so it was calm going. There were a bunch of jack rabbits out. It had stormed earlier on but it had stopped by then which i was glad for. We got to the hospital right behind to other women who were in labor. Contractions were 4 minutes apart by now. We got up stairs being the 3rd and final laboring couple. I was laboring much faster then the other two so they started getting everything ready. When the nurse checked me I was only a 1 with 80 effaced. Contractions were coming faster and stronger but wasn't registering on the monitor so I don't think the nurse believed me. I asked about the epidural several times and she kept telling me I needed to progress and get admitted. About 5 a.m. my water broke on its own. There I'm admitted! Chad went and told the nurse. We then asked her when I could get that epidural (i was a 4) she had started an iv and told me i had to finish that bag!!! At this point I'm getting nervous and having an idea that I'm not going to get it. We then found out that my doctor is out of town for a week!!! Nice of him to let me know that!!! So instead of knowing my birthing plan and having been on the same page with my doctor I'm on new ground, i don't know them, they don't know me. We informed the nurse that after my water breaks I go fast. Guess what, she didn't take me seriously. Contractions were strong and I would have never gotten through them if it wasn't for chad talking me through them. I would start to freak out if he wasn't right right there. I told him that i need the edpidural now so he left the room and told the nurse. She came in checked me and said I was a seven and she didn't think we had time for an epidural. You should have seen chad!! He was MAD!!! We had been there since 3 a.m. and they had plety of time!!!! She ran out of the room to page the doctor and i told chad I had to push and i couldn't stop it. so he went running out there saying "she is pushing and I can't stop her." All the nurses came running in, The main nurse (not the one that we had been seeing) was trying to get her glove on and telling me not to push - really have they ever felt that feeling, there is no stopping!! finally she said push him out - i did one more push and he came slipping out!! the doctor came walking in when they were cleaning him up and I was fixing to do the afterbirth. He was pretty surprised!! I think the most painful was after the afterbirth when the doctor was fixing me up - i won't go into detail on that!! But OH MY GOSH!!!!!!

Jude Gavin Williams was born at 6:59 a.m. on Monday Feb. 9, 2009. He was 8lbs 21 inches. He is healthy and such a great baby!! Needless to say I'm in love with 4 guys!!! Never thought that could be possible!! Here is a video that chad made.


Rick brought the boys up to the hospital and I loved their reaction. They were pretty happy to see him. They both were ready to be big brothers. Rick did an awesome job getting them ready to see him, with fun stories. Calley and heidi (not together) came up to the hospital. it was really good to see them. we got several calls.

We got home Tuesday around noon. Everything is going great! rick and the boys were already here when we got home. I took a shower, then rick left, and chad took cade and lane to the dentist. they made there appointment. : ) Everything went great there. We just need to concentrate on the back teeth but they said their teeth looked great. The dentist said not to worry about cades teeth/mouth until his permanent teeth come in. When they were gone I feed jude and then we took a nap. Chads mom came in about 4 p.m. Lane was so excited! he prob. overwhelmed nana. LOL!! Diana brought chicken spaghetti, salad and garlic bread for supper. YUMMY! Thank you so much!! Everyone enjoyed it!! Heidi brought over strawberry cake - yummy!! Cade ate two big pieces!! The boys got baths and ready for bed. I read them books and they fell asleep beside me. We all got ready for bed and layed down. Of course as soon as I layed down my little man was wanting to eat. : ) here we go!! I got an hour sleep between each feeding. We are getting better and better at latching on. I did try to use a nipple shield last night but he wasn't having it!! I'm sore but i think we will be ok. I do have pain when he first latches on in then it goes away. the nurse (an awesome one that we had) told me that I will be sore and it is ok. So we have been concentrating on latching on because we don't want any cracks!!!

Today has been good. I got jude feed before the boys woke up. So i decided to wake them up by kissing all over them. cade was pretty happy and lane walked over to me on cades bed and just squezed my neck. Did i tell you they are huge!!! rick what did you feed them!!! they were both ready to hold jude before school. lane was all concerned about him. Daddy and nana took them to school. I feed jude and then went to bed. I slept really good, of course only for an hour. : ) i have been up since (2:54). the boys got home from school and have been really good. they sure do love their baby. we are all having some down time right now.

as for me - i'm happy and thankful that we are all together. We have been blessed with a third really good baby!! And i must say chad and i make pretty babies. : ) I'm feeling good just a little sore and my breast are a little sore. I have been really hungry and thirsty. : ) just enjoying life and the awesome people who surround me.

thank you to everyone who called, sent emails, flowers, food and food to come. I have appreciated everything!!! Life is good but most importantly God is great!!!

1 comment:

teacherjanet said...

yipee! So glad that Jude made a safe delivery. I think 3rd babies are meant to be born fast. My mom said I was born 45 minutes after her water broke and in one push! he he! If you have a 4th you better just plan to have it at home! :)