Monday, November 24, 2008

Friday was a good day. I took Cade to school and came home. Lane and i started baking. He was a huge help. And I'm not even kidding. He put away the clean dishes, made his first pecan pie (he loved cracking the eggs) and wiped the bottom cabinet out for me. Rick came over and asked if he could help with anything. I didn't have anything so he took Lane for a few hours (which was a huge help) and I got some nice, quiet fun time cooking! I got most of it done before cade got out of school. I only had deviled eggs to make (already had them boiled). Chad went and got Cade from school. I know cade loved that but he soon found out that lane was with grandpa and wasn't happy. He really wanted to be with them. Rick and Lane showed up around noon with lunch! After lunch I took it easy and slowly got some stuff cleaned. Sally and Lily got here around 10.

Saturday, Chad woke up early and went deer hunting with rick and trever. I woke up around 7 and got the turkey going. Not long after sally and all the kids were up. Sally and I got everything done, cleaned up, table set up before noon. It was pretty easy going morning, we didn't have to rush around. I even got a shower. : ) Rick, Glenna and Trev came over a little after noon. We had tons of food!!! turkey, dressing, corn on cob, mashed potatoes, gravy (2 different kinds), red cabbage apple salad, pea salad (the one thing that was nasty!), reg. salad, ham, rolls, green been casserole, sweet potatoe casserole, deviled eggs, rice and broc. casserole, 2 pumpkin pies, 2 pecan pies, pumpkin roll, fruit salad, (i think that is everything). It was def. a feast! and i'm still enjoying it!!! We cleaned up and opened presents. Cade got everything he wanted and some. He got a transformer from rick and glenna that he won't put down!!! he has been tranforming that thing!! He also got Wall-e, kung fu panda, operation, transformer underwear (he really wanted), 2 ben ten guys, lincoln logs, mario shirt, balls and a bat, I think we got him something else but i can't think of it!! The rest of the days we just vegged. Chad went back out with his dad and brother.

Sunday, we were tired!!! Chad went deer hunting. We all got around here and headed to walmart to get a few things for pictures. When we got back we took pictures of the kids and lily. The scene was what we wanted but the kids were crazy!! we will hopefully of one good one out of the bunch. Sally and Lily left around 3. The boys played with lincoln logs (chad came home and left again). I got out some blocks and little animals for them to build more stuff. While they were doing that i got in the shower! The boys soon followed which was good because cade really needed one!! We all got our pjs on (4 p.m.) and started building with the blocks. they had built a ranch with the lincoln logs and then we built a zoo. After we got that all cleaned up we made cupcakes. I ordered some pictures, did the checkbook, made a grocery list. Cade wanted cereal in a cup for supper so he ate that. Lane was asleep before 5:30 - I moved him in his bed and he didn't wake up until 6:50 this morning! Cade and I sat on the couch, ate supper and watched spiderman. I also did some laundry and picked up the kitchen. We all went to be around 8:30!

Tonight we are having cade's bday party with friends. I'm making a big thing of white chili and cornbread. We will have cupcakes and a pinata. The kids can just play. I have a dentist appt. at 2:30 today so I think I will go get Cade friend garrett when i get done. Then they can have some time together before a bunch of other kids show up. : ) I have already been to walmart but forgot bowls for the chili!! So i need to jump in the shower, run to walmart and go get the boys. i have an hour to do all that so better go!!

No comments: