Friday, January 23, 2009

Toothpick

Thursday...I woke up at 5:30 a.m. because the baby told me he was out of room and i should empty my bladder. then at 6:30 Cade screamed I have to go poop. Since he has diaherra i jumped up and helped him that talked with him. I jumped in the shower really quick since he was still using the bathroom. When i got dressed I gave cade some yogurt and then he wanted cereal. So we ate breakfast and then I called him in sick. i had about 2 hours before I had to leave and go to my doctors appt. so i layed down with cade while he watched tv. Lane woke up and came and snuggled with us. I took a little snooze and then finished getting ready. I drove to Liberal for my first appointment with dr. knudsen who will be delivering boyd #3.

the appt. went by fast of course. He didn't check me this time but will start doing that next week. Measurements, blood pressure and heartbeat were all great. I don't know what the heartbeat was because he just put a + on the chart. I asked him if he thought this one could be as big as lane. He talked about all sorts of stuff and said "I think the big question your trying to ask is inducing before your due date". I said absolutely not. I'm all for going into labor myself. I was just wondering if he would be 9 lbs. he said he isn't big on inducing unless it is necessary - so we are on the same page. Anyway to finally get to the answer he said that there are a lot of factors that involve in the size of the baby but with the info he has (which is the weight I gained during the second trimester) that he would say yes he will be 9 lbs BUT he wouldn't bet a quarter on it. : ) He said he wasn't really worried about the delivery or anything because my blood sugar is good and the delivery went smooth with lane. I got back on the 29th (which will be 1 1/2 weeks until due date!!)

I got gas (cheaper in liberal than guymon) and drove back to guymon. I went by walmart to get some stuff for the BRAT diet for Cade. Then went by the vet to see about our kitty since we haven't heard anything. When I walked in she said kitty still hasn't peed!! Dang kitty, i know she is scared so she prob. hadn't eaten either (which is ok for fat so). I got to take her home with antibiotics because she was pretty sure it was a urinary tract infection because of what i described. Right before we got home she gave a urnine sample. So i let her out of her cage (outside), called the vet and they said yes bring it up if i could. so chad put it in a cup and cleaned out the cage while i took the sample up. when i got back home i gave her a bath to get all the pee off her so she could relax. She didn't like the bath but it wasn't too bad giving it too her. I didn't hear anything until 4:30 from the vet. She does have a UTI and no stones which is good. Kitty and I are so happy that she is back home!!! didn't realize how much i do love her. : )

After giving the kitty a bath I made grilled cheese and soup for lunch. The boys played and I started cleaning. I had to clean up lunch, wipe down kitchen, clean bathroom again, wipe down remotes and phones with clorox wipes and lysol everything. I sweeped the floors and sat on the couch to write in my pregancy journal. the boys played outside - another beautiful day!! The kitty just layed on her chair outside and soaked in the sun. I did get up and make some muffins (cranberry - orange boxed). they turned out pretty good. chad even liked them!!!! I picked up the boys room a little and put some stuff in pile for them to pick up. They came in and layed down. Chad had rented a movie from walmart the night before for the boys (horton who) so i put that in and we all layed down. Lane and I fell asleep but of course I got woke up because for some reason I can't get a nap in!! so i got up and started supper. We had baked potatoes, brisket and mixed veggies. I sat down with lane between cooking times and then finished up supper. we ate, i cleaned up, did the DANG TRASH!!, and cut some cheese and summer sausage for a snack. This is where the toothpick comes into play. I was talking to my sister on the phone and fixing to cut the sausage when I scooted my foot while moving and a toothpick stabbed into my foot!!! talk about painful!! Chad pulled it out and the boys rushed to go get some spray to put on it (they got so worried about me). It hurt so bad. Chad told me to sit down and put my feet up (they were really swollen to begin with). It did help to do that but dang still hurt. cade sprayed the stuff on it and told me "momma it will sting a little bit" he told me that several times. Then later on he said "momma I'm sorry you got hurt". Lane was concerned too. He was actually going to pull it out but i didn't let him. : ) My sweet boys. I called my sister to let her know i was ok.

I got the bath ready for cade after he drank some pedialyte (having trouble getting him to drink). Did some laundry, wiped down kitchen, got boys ready for bed (vitamins and brush teeth) cade wanted to play nintendo for a little so i told them they could and then it was bedtime. I got some grapes and a big thing of water and came and sat down to watch a movie with chad. We put in stepbrothers. thought it would be funny but dang the language is horrible. needless to say we turned it off and put doc hollywood in. chad tucked the boys in and then we finished watching the movie.

chad has been lifting and trying to gain some weight. He has been getting pretty sore. Last night he was pretty stiff. I told him i didn't want to hear about the soreness, tiredness. : ) I'm glad he started doing that. Makes him feel better, he gets out of the house and blow off stress on the weights. : ) The guys are going to start to p90x. I want to do that someday. Chad is a little worried that he won't be able to gain any weight since he sneezes and blows off any fat he has. I told him it would be good for his energy. he needs to do some kind of activity other than lifting to just help with over all health.

The baby sure was making me uncomfortable last night (when we were watching a movie). He kept protruding out of my side. Turkey. : )

Lane is now well!! No more fever!!! WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!

Friday...I slept pretty good. Did wake up at 3:30 a.m. for a bathroom stop and then back too sleep. cade woke up and said he was hungry so I told him to eat some yogurt. I got up around 8:30 and called cade in sick to school. So far he is doing well but didn't want to chance it. we ate breakfast and now I'm catching up on here.

Todays agenda... make cade drink lots of fluid, eat BRAT diet, finish laundry, get an oil change and do the everyday things that need to be done.

No comments: